Hiring Reliable Plumbing NYC: Advice from Better Business Bureau
They say experience is the best teacher. Anyone who has experienced a plumbing mishap in the house (most of us have had a couple of them in our lifetime) would tell you that the best time to look for reliable plumbing help is before any emergency strikes. Unfortunately, these disasters normally do not announce their arrival. One fine morning you could find your flush is jammed or some underground leak is soaking through your carpet. These are true emergency situations and if you are living in New York, you need some emergency plumbing NYC without wasting any time.
But if you are looking for reliable plumbing NYC, it might be helpful if you knew the various jobs they undertake which go beyond fixing leaky pipes or unclogging drains. Most full service plumbing companies in NYC have trained and qualified staffs who are equipped to do the following jobs over and above fixing water seepage and leaky taps:
– Install a drainage system for your air conditioners.
– For indoor heating, companies engaged in plumbing in NYC are also capable of boiler installation including radiators and the necessary plumbing network.
– NYC plumbing companies can work on a hot water circulation system and install pumps to boost water pressure in the house.
– They help customers install and hook up most major household appliances including washing machine and new gas connections. Even the shut off valves and installation of gas meters can be undertaken by plumbing NYC service providers.
– If you want storm or rain water drains to be installed in the garage, roof, garden or kitchen, the plumbing companies in NYC can take charge.
It pays to listen to experts
When you want to hire a reliable plumbing NYC company, you would often hear people advising you that you need to check the credentials with the BBB or Better Business Bureau to confirm about the legitimacy and market reputation of the contractor who promises 24 hour plumbing NYC. Adopting this strategy can save you from several unpleasant situations including law suits, etc…, in the future in case you get cheated or over-charged. Let us see what the expert advices from BBB include:
- It is best not to wait till the last moment for a plumbing issue to turn major before you call for any emergency plumbing NYC. Ideally, you should do some regular plumbing inspection just to make sure that the system is working fine and there are no imminent repairs to be done, etc. If such inspection by a qualified plumbing NYC company throws up any urgent need for repair or replacement such advices should not be ignored.
- Always ensure that the company who you hire to take on work related to emergency plumbing NYC has a valid state license. Every contractor should be able to show his license to the customer on demand.
- Plumbing licenses expire on a yearly bases and the validity date is clearly written on the license.
- All companies engaged in plumbing in NYC must have a master plumber (having two years experience as a journeyman and also clear state examinations) on its employee roster. This professional has the overall responsibility to ensure legitimate completion of every assignment that the company takes up. The master plumber could play the role of a supervisor to oversee the work in progress.
- In case the plumbing NYC Company cannot provide any estimate of the total cost involved to complete an assignment, a confirmed hourly rate must be provided to the customer before resuming work. The contractor also needs to provide a warranty of the jobs completed by the company.
Though a majority of US states need plumbing companies and plumbers to have legitimate licenses, in some states like New York as well as Kansas, it is not mandatory. In any case, it is a wise decision to check with BBB to confirm that the company or the plumber was not involved in any legal case and the 24 hour plumbing NYC Company is not in the middle of fighting a legal battle or handling major consumer complaints, etc.
The number of years the company has been in business can make a lot of difference. The more experienced its staffs are, the more knowledgeable they are to control a problem, no matter how major it is, quickly and efficiently. In comparison, a relatively new entrant in the market may not have the requisite skill or expertise.